Wtf is wrong with this people ????? Guys I’m so sorry @CurtisPritchard@Aj11Ace I’m with you all the way !! Disgusting !!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
— Giovanni Pernice (@pernicegiovann1) December 29, 2018
So upset by the news about @Aj11Ace and @CurtisPritchard!! Two lovely guys that mean no harm to anyone ever!! I can not believe it. To the thugs that did that.. shall we dance???? #fuming
— Aljaz Skorjanec (@AljazSkorjanec) December 28, 2018
So disgusted at the sad news about @Aj11Ace and @CurtisPritchard sending you all my love and support. EIGHT lads on two! Wtf? I hope justice is served properly. Stay strong AJ & Curtis!
— Gorka Marquez (@gorkamarquez1) December 29, 2018
Doug Peters/EMPICS Entertainment
An RTE spokesperson told The Mirror: “Dancing with the Stars pro dancer Curtis Pritchard was involved in an incident on 26 December 2018. As a result of the injuries sustained, he will not have recovered in time for the launch of the new series, which will air 6 January 2019.
“Dancing with the Stars wish Curtis a speedy recovery.”
They added: “A replacement for Curtis on the show is currently being arranged by ShinAwiL and we look forward to welcoming Curtis back when he recovers.”
A statement from police revealed that two more people had also been injured in the attack, while a 20-year-old man from Crewe had been arrested on suspicion of assault.
“He has been released under investigation pending further inquiries,” they said.